emgalanme
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a doubt, i have the following BOM for my Customer:

ISE-VM-K9=

L-ISE-BSE-1500=

L-ISE-ADV3Y-1500=

So for this implementation i have 2 elements, user licensing (base+adv) and the ISE VM.

I can download the free ISE vm without any problems  from cisco.com so it can run on my UCS and then just install the ISE user license to make it operational, right? So the main question is… then why do I need the ISE-VM-K9= part number? Does it contain any license itself?

Thanks!

Emilio

7 Replies 7

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My assumption is for entitlement and smartnet support. When you open a case you open it against the ise-vm and not the licenses sku.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Emilio,

You need this becacuse it will provide the Cisco smartnet Support for you. Which help yoyu in various way.

Your IT staff has anytime access to Cisco engineers in the Technical  Assistance Center (TAC) and an extensive range of resources, tools and  training. For more detail you can see the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/web/services/portfolio/product-technical-support/smartnet/index.html

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

ISE-VM-K9=

It is to just specify that ISE software would be installed on a VM rather  than a Physical Machine.

Thanks all for your inputs

muhammk2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Vmware software which you can download from Cisco is the evaluation  version. Once evaluation period will be over, you will be asked to buy  the licenses as the services wont work.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

similiar post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2221475, answered there

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Emilio,

ISE-VM-K9= is  important to purchase due to the following reasons:-

1. It will help you in getting the Cisco smartnet Support from the Cisco engineers in case you need any help.

2. Although the demo VM you're using is free, you're obliged to pay for  L-ISE-VM-K9 when you move to a production model because it uses a  licensed Oracle database underneath it.  You have to pay this for every  instance of ISE that you run.  You will then need to buy the Wireless  licenses as necessary for your number of devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: