cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[ISE] What is the permission for AD user to use webagent provision?

I plan to implement ISE to force user to provision and enroll certificate,

But for the windows user whose join domain they don't have an admin right permission

they cannot download and run the network setup assistant(winspwizard).

What is the least permission that i have to allow for the user to pass the provision process?

5 Replies 5

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Can you explain your query in more detail. As per my knowledge in case of ISE NSP is automatically pushed by ISE to client after successful authentication.

Client browser have to request to download winspwizard from ISE so for the default domain user which do not have permission to download,install or run any program that perform change on their computer they cannot pass the process without knowing the admin user/pwd. Thankyou.

Hello,

I have same problem, have you found solution ? thanks

M.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11851011/ise-and-ad-integration 

The Active Directory username that you provide when joining to an Active Directory domain should be predefined in Active Directory and must have one of the following permissions:

–    Add the workstation to the domain to which you are trying to connect.

–    On the computer where the Cisco ISE account was created, establish permissions for creating or deleting computer objects before joining Cisco ISE to the domain.

–    Permissions for searching users and groups that are required for authentication.

After you join Cisco ISE to the Active Directory domain, you will still need these permissions to:

–    Join any secondary Cisco ISE servers to this domain

–    Back up or restore data

–    Upgrade Cisco ISE to a higher version, if the upgrade process involves a backup and restore

stephan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue with ISE 2.1, domain joined computers who doesn't have admin rights unable to run Cisco network assistant. Did you find any solution or workaround  about this issue?  

Thanks