Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE with Dell switches

ymadheka
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks,

Has anyone had experience of ISE working with Dell switches, since it is not listed in the compatibility matrix is there any tested list of features that can worked upon.

Appreciate for any help.

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh Madhekar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yogesh,

We haven't tested with Dell switches.  That's why they aren't listed in the compatibility matrix. ISE is a standards-based RADIUS server.  So long as they are standards compliant we will work with them.  For advanced use case support, the switches will need to support RADIUS CoA and some form of URL-redirection.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

ymadheka
Level 4
Level 4

The customer is using the below Dell switches:

N 2048P  --- Layer 2 Switch

N 4064F --- Layer 3 Switch

Yogesh,

We haven't tested with Dell switches.  That's why they aren't listed in the compatibility matrix. ISE is a standards-based RADIUS server.  So long as they are standards compliant we will work with them.  For advanced use case support, the switches will need to support RADIUS CoA and some form of URL-redirection.

Regards,

-Tim

Please do keep in mind even if the switches don't support URL redirect or RADIUS COA it may work with new feature in ISE 2.1

Please check out this guide for 3rd party support and other scenarios.

Will need to validate this and test in the lab with the switches

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-1/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_21/b_ise_admin_guide_20_chapter_01000.html#concept_CDD87F6FE3A54351B27FF35316A23DA3

leonardo_neves
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it works.

I've already deployed ISE with N2000 Series using Dell OS 6. DOT1X, Mab Authentication, dACL or Filter-ID and Dynamic Vlan Assignment. You just need to create the authorization profiles attributes manually.

cisco-av-pair for dACL, Tunnel-medium-type and so on.

Dell OS 6.6 also supports CoA and URL-Redirect but I didn't deployed it.

Hello Leonardo,

I'm actually working on a project integrating Dell (N Series) NAD's into ISE and would appreciate a clean copy of the switch config if you can provide it. I have the Cisco config but I would like to compare it to Dell's

Thanks!

Hi Guilhermo,

Follow the last firmware version that I've implemented, using this version I also validated TACACS+ and Downloadable ACL via Dot1x, and works really fine.

The script bellow does not have TACACS+ and dACL but you can find how to configure easily on manuals.

!System Description "Dell EMC Networking N2048, 6.6.0.13, Linux 3.6.5-e3cd5a07, Not Available"
!System Software Version 6.6.0.13
!
authentication enable
authentication dynamic-vlan enable
dot1x system-auth-control
aaa authentication dot1x default radius
aaa authorization network default radius
mab request format attribute 1 groupsize 12 separator . lowercase
radius server auth 1.1.1.1
name "RADIUS_NAME"
timeout 3
retransmit 5
key 7 "MY_KEY"
exit
!
interface Gi1/0/1
spanning-tree portfast
switchport mode general
authentication host-mode multi-auth
mab
authentication order mab dot1x
exit
!

Hi Leonardo, I am trying to connect a Dell 3524P switch to ISE with no luck. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I have downloaded the Dell EMC Vendor Specific RADIUS Dictionaries for ISE from the following link https://www.network-node.com/blog/2018/11/10/vendor-specific-dictionaries-for-ise and imported into ISE. I add switch as NAD using profile created from VSA, and configured my switch with configs from above. Checking my live logs on ISE, I am not seeing any activity for the Dell Switch, not even a Deny Access. 

Hi Leonardo.

Could you help me on how to configure the authorization profile?
I have not been able to get the posture to work.

Matteo Abrile
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

some one have network device profiles for DELL series N ?

Thanks

M.