cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with OSX BYOD Provisioning

paulste
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are having an issue with BYOD provisioning on OSX. Basically, the client connects to one ssid, provisioning occurs as expected, OSX switches to the correct SSID but does NOT connect. The only way to make it connect is to open up the network settings and click connect. TAC CSE and his lead seem to believe this is normal behavior and we have witnessed it on more than one laptop. However, in my testing (dCloud on 2.2.0.470) I did not see this behavior.

Can someone confirm if this is expected behavior or not?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you seen this thread? Have you showed the TAC its working in the dcloud setup (currently ISE 2.2 patch 1) and tried to identify the difference between the two?

MAC OS:X ISE Wired BYOD requires manual connection

ISE BYOD Onboarding Single vs Dual SSID

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you seen this thread? Have you showed the TAC its working in the dcloud setup (currently ISE 2.2 patch 1) and tried to identify the difference between the two?

MAC OS:X ISE Wired BYOD requires manual connection

ISE BYOD Onboarding Single vs Dual SSID

I hadn't seen either of those articles. ISE is not generally a product I get involved in from a post sales implementation standpoint. Those articles are both helpful.

We have not showed TAC the working installation in dCloud, but I told them about it. I set that up again tonight and reconfirmed. My next step will be to go on-site with the partner to see if it is my laptop that is special or if the dCloud instance has some difference.

Thanks for your help here.

We solved this issue. The supplicant provisioning was set for PEAP. EAP-TLS works fine without requiring the connect button.

Thanks for the update!