Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with SMS Customization for Password Reset on Cisco ISE 3.0

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, community!

I’m currently facing an issue with Cisco ISE 3.0 regarding the guest portal, which is configured for self-registration. When users sign up, they receive their credentials via SMS without any problems, and everything works fine in that regard.

However, I’m having trouble when users forget their passwords and need to reset them. After the password is reset, the SMS containing the new credentials is not formatted correctly—the message is a mix of English and Portuguese, which confuses users.

In version 3.0, within the Reset Password customization page, there is no specific field to configure the SMS notification for password resets. I can only customize messages related to account approvals or rejections, which limits my ability to adjust this specific notification.

I am aware that in more recent versions, like ISE 3.2 and 3.4, there is a dedicated field called SMS Notification for Reset Password, which makes customization straightforward. However, since we are using ISE 3.0, I’d like to know if there is any alternative way to modify or adjust this message in the guest portal.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

0 Replies 0