cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limited authorization policy for printers

BigK
Level 1
Level 1

Expert ! I have a question as I am still learning about ISE. If malicious user is successful in spoofing the MAC address of the printer and gains network access. What can I do to limit access to the network so the the authorization policy for printers will not  provide full network access but still allow the users to print on TCP port 9100/9600 with very limited access to the network.

any examples are appreciated.

Thanks again!

BigK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

When you authorise the printers you could apply a Downloadable ACL (DACL) to the session to restrict access. Example here.

You also have the option to use trustsec to achieve the same, it's more complex to setup and depends on whether your hardware supports it. Example here.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

When you authorise the printers you could apply a Downloadable ACL (DACL) to the session to restrict access. Example here.

You also have the option to use trustsec to achieve the same, it's more complex to setup and depends on whether your hardware supports it. Example here.

HTH

Thanks! RJI
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: