Views
Helpful
Replies

Limited/Customised access to ACS GUI console

salman abid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

We ACS Version : 5.5.0.46.9 and have MAC authentication enabled for wifi users. Now I have to handover the task of adding MAC address to some different team.

All I want them to login into ACS through GUI and directly land to Users and Identity Stores => Internal Identity Stores => Hosts and do the changes (adding or removing MAC address)

please let me know how can we make this possible.

NOTE:- Our ACS server is not integrated with AD server for domain account login.(if required this can also be done)

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can assign an Admin user to one of the predefined roles as given in this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-5/user/guide/acsuserguide/admin_admin.html#pgfId-1094223

For your use, I believe assigning an admin as "UserAdmin" would be the best option. This admin would have access to creating Users and Hosts.

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply.

If we'll create a account with ''User admin'' rights then he/she possibly can play around with other accounts under ''Users'' tab and that we don't want. Is there any possibility that once user login he/she can only have access to ''host'' page and can only do the changes there????