cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Users (belongs to domain) on ISE cannot derive Password from Windows Database

MANSOORQ123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support Team

We are in the progress of Migrating ACS4.2 to ISE3355 running 1.1.4. We have SSL VPN Users & Wireless Users to be migrated.

ISE 1.1.4 is already integrated with AD Windows 2008 and can see all the groups defined on AD.

1: in ACS 4.x & even 5.x, we have option to add a user locally (users belonging to domain) , and  we can configure user’s password to be derived from Windows Database. It helps to control AAA Policies.

It also helps to avoid configuring "users" in specific groups on AD and as a result no dependency on System Team to configure users in specific groups, which can be used in policy making on ISE.

However while doing the same, I could not find an option in ISE 1.1.4. Password cannot be derived from windows database. Password has to be set manually, that clearly means that i have to arrange the users in specific group on AD.

Is it a platform specific issue or am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable time to look into this issue.

Ahad....

2 Replies 2

MANSOORQ123
Level 1
Level 1

It seems that i have to open a TAC case to get cisco official explanation on this feature, it was a nice feature, which has been unnecessarily deprecated.

Any Inputs from anyone, who has similiar requirement, Please share it here.

Regards

Ahad

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

ISE: Using Internal Identity User can gain access to Admin Dashboard

This fix addresses the issue where internal users gain access to the Cisco ISE Admin portal Home page when they are not mapped to any Cisco ISE administrator group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: