Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for Connectiondata.xml for posture in MAC OSx machine

Gagandeep Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

Wants to know the location for connectiondata.xml file to check for connected PSN for posture. In my case customer is only able to connect to one PSN from ASA if I change to someother PSN in deployment. It doesn't find the server. Looks like it always search for previously connected PSN.

The file gets created after successful posture completion. I believe, if I delete or edit the file, it will start connected to the respective PSN afterwards.

Regards

Gagan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

This file is not intended to be edited directly but updated only after successful redirection.  Be sure URL redirection is properly configured to redirect endpoint to current PSN (based on the URL redirect returned by PSN).  For VPN, it may be necessary to configure the Discovery Host (DH) with an IP which is reachable and is beyond the point of redirection (typically the ASA itself for ISE versions 2.0+) or IPN node for versions before ISE 2.0 and older ASA code.  In ISE 2.2 with AC 4.4 we introduced capability to establish a Call Home list which complements DH and ConnectionData.xml components to support discovery even if no intermediate network device capable of URL redirection.

Craig

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

This file is not intended to be edited directly but updated only after successful redirection.  Be sure URL redirection is properly configured to redirect endpoint to current PSN (based on the URL redirect returned by PSN).  For VPN, it may be necessary to configure the Discovery Host (DH) with an IP which is reachable and is beyond the point of redirection (typically the ASA itself for ISE versions 2.0+) or IPN node for versions before ISE 2.0 and older ASA code.  In ISE 2.2 with AC 4.4 we introduced capability to establish a Call Home list which complements DH and ConnectionData.xml components to support discovery even if no intermediate network device capable of URL redirection.

Craig

Hi Chyps,

In my scenario, Discovery host as blank in ASA and ISE.  Now the Discovery host will be selected on the basis of redirection from the PSN. However, it fails with one PSN server and always pass with another server.

That's why I thought of checking the connectiondata.xml. The machine might be taking previously connected PSN IP.

What all things needs to check for the same.

Regards

Gagan

Recommend populating DH to ensure it takes effect.  There are cases where default discovery to Default Gateway will not work over VPN.   DH is not selected by PSN.  And note that DH is NOT the IP address of PSN.  Yes, once there is a successful connection to a PSN, it will be populated into the ConnectionData file.  Alternative is to deploy ISE 2.2 with AC 4.4.

Craig

pcarco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add to Craig's very good guidance...

Previously connected headend record: ConnectionData.xml

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\ISE Posture\

MacOSX: /Users/'username'/.cisco/iseposture/log

Paul