cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost connectivity to ISE server after reload

Deepthi
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to work on cisco ISE MAB authentication with IOS device, and i reloaded the ISE server. I lost connectivity to to TTY and GUI post to that. 

I did save the configuration before reloading. I even tried resetting the config, but nothing works.

4 Replies 4

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you able to ping the ISE IP?

Is it a VM installation or hardware device?

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful and mark correct answers

Hi Aditya,

I am not able to ping the IP.  Its a VM installation. When i give a continuous ping to the ISE IP, it doesnt ping, but when i restart the VM, the IP pings for a few seconds and then again its not reachable. 

This makes it clear that there are no routing issues as i am able to ping. But, i dont understand the behavior of ISE as to why it is not reachable.

- You should reboot the ISE VM (again); follow the boot process from the  (VM) console ; check for errors (if any)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

I have played in the lab with 1.2, 1.4, 2.2 VM's with no issues at all. BUT, before reloading the server I ALWAYS do: application stop ise, show application status ise (verify everything is stopped), then reload the server.

Please also check that you have enough resources when the VM was initially configured. In any case, I would recreate it.