cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

M&T Log Processor - Not Running

ryanbess
Level 1
Level 1

Home lab ISE instance.  M&T Log Processor is not running.  Instead of just rebuilding I'd like to start learning how to diagnose and fix issues.  I've tried resetting it via application configure ise at the CLI and choosing option 4 .... no luck.  Any ideas/tips/tricks on where to look next so i don't' have to rebuild?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You don't.  Typically these things require root access which only TAC has access to.

View solution in original post

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@ryanbess - did it ever work at all? And if so, what changed that may have caused it to stop working (patch, upgrade, etc.)?

Even if you had root, it would be almost impossible to figure out how the underlying solution works. If you observe the TAC engineers, they tend to burrow deep into the Oracle DB and perform operations on certain tables that then fixes obscure problems. None of this is documented in in the open - so you'll end up stabbing in the dark.

The best chance we (as end users) have is to check the VM resources are OK (no need to reserve them, but ensure you have allocated the base min, and are running supported hypervisor), and to follow all the install/config recommendations. 

Pulkit Mittal
Spotlight
Spotlight

I suggest rebuild as this may require assistance from TAC which might not be covered for your lab instance. Otherwise, look at the resource allocation and reboot.

Please mark this helpful if you are happy with the response, and accept the solution.

3 Replies 3

You don't.  Typically these things require root access which only TAC has access to.

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@ryanbess - did it ever work at all? And if so, what changed that may have caused it to stop working (patch, upgrade, etc.)?

Even if you had root, it would be almost impossible to figure out how the underlying solution works. If you observe the TAC engineers, they tend to burrow deep into the Oracle DB and perform operations on certain tables that then fixes obscure problems. None of this is documented in in the open - so you'll end up stabbing in the dark.

The best chance we (as end users) have is to check the VM resources are OK (no need to reserve them, but ensure you have allocated the base min, and are running supported hypervisor), and to follow all the install/config recommendations. 

Pulkit Mittal
Spotlight
Spotlight

I suggest rebuild as this may require assistance from TAC which might not be covered for your lab instance. Otherwise, look at the resource allocation and reboot.

Please mark this helpful if you are happy with the response, and accept the solution.