Views
Helpful
Replies

MAB dynamic VLAN assignment based on MAC address

ez9
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to migrate a network from Mikrotik CRS switches to Cisco Catalyst switches but i cannot find the MAC based VLAN (https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CRS1xx/2xx_series_switches_examples#MAC_Based_VLAN)feature that is provided by Mikrotik in Cisco products. I already tried to utilize MS Active directory along with NPS server and MAB feature. The dynamic VLAN assignment is working perfectly based on MAC address of the endstation but the probem is that this is not working for multiple (untagged) clients eg. client 1 auto assigned to VLAN100, client 2 auto assigned to VLAN200 based on MAC etc.

Is there any alternative to this (Mikrotik) feature for Cisco products or any "workaround" in order to achieve same result?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, we support same feature on certain Catalyst models:

2960X 15.2(2)E
C3850 03.03.00SE
C3650 03.03.00SE

All Cat9K IOS XE

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Can you tell me in which feature are you referring to in order to check if it is fitting to my topology? Also, i could not able to find any configuration guide about this feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: