Views
Helpful
Replies

MACAddress is invalid for endpoint when bulk importing

Koldts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to clean up our ISE and  therefore need to bulk update endpoints to go into identity groups. But when i try to import a CSV file with only: MACAddress,EndPointPolicy,IdentityGroup i get an error saying "MACAddress is invalid for endpoint(s)". 

ISe error.jpg

I have tried with MAC format: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF, aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff, AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF, aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff, AABB.CCDD.EEFF, aabb.ccdd.eeff. None of these will go through and i get the above error. What can this be? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you try to remove the quotation marks (") from the identity group name and import with a simple name?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Koldts I tried the following in a CSV and it imported fine.

MACAddress,EndPointPolicy,IdentityGroup
AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,,

I have tried to update an existing device with a new Identity Group and also importing a new MAC without putting an identity group. The only one who gets imported are the one without an identity group. So somehow my/the syntax is broken.

What i try to import is:

AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,,"AP-DEVICES"

The Identity group is already created and functional.

Did you try to remove the quotation marks (") from the identity group name and import with a simple name?

Doing the Identity group without quotation marks seems to do the trick. I have now updated an access point to be in my identity group AP-DEVICES with the template:

AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,,AP-DEVICES

Funny that when i try to export the same AP, the identity group is now in quotation marks.

But thank you!

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Koldts Usually I use the admin webUI to manually assign one, export it out, and see the content.

Attached is a sample CSV file with static group assignment.