cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Maximum storage for ACS logging vs ISE

Dear all,

My customer is migrating from ACS to ISE.

Their existing ACS HW SNS-3515 only support a max. of 750GB HD which is not enough for them.

If they migrate to ISE, how to compare the ACS logging vs ISE device admin logging?

For each TACACS+ event, is it around the same logging size taken? what is the max logging size for TACACS+ events?

Thanks, Tommy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate

This is the ISE support community, so I will answer the questions specific to ISE.

SNS-3515 has 600GB drive space (not 750GB), of which 60% is allocated to RADIUS and T+ logging in ISE 2.2+ with an additional 20% overhead for purging.  Effective storage and guidance on days retention are included in ISE Install Guide.

For additional info, see

ISE Device Administration (TACACS+)

ACS to ISE Migration

Also see Reference version of presentation for BRKSEC-3699 from this year on ciscolive.com.  It contains information on general packet sizes and counts for different T+ operations.

Craig

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate

This is the ISE support community, so I will answer the questions specific to ISE.

SNS-3515 has 600GB drive space (not 750GB), of which 60% is allocated to RADIUS and T+ logging in ISE 2.2+ with an additional 20% overhead for purging.  Effective storage and guidance on days retention are included in ISE Install Guide.

For additional info, see

ISE Device Administration (TACACS+)

ACS to ISE Migration

Also see Reference version of presentation for BRKSEC-3699 from this year on ciscolive.com.  It contains information on general packet sizes and counts for different T+ operations.

Craig

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad