Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum storage for ACS logging vs ISE

Tze Tai Mak
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

My customer is migrating from ACS to ISE.

Their existing ACS HW SNS-3515 only support a max. of 750GB HD which is not enough for them.

If they migrate to ISE, how to compare the ACS logging vs ISE device admin logging?

For each TACACS+ event, is it around the same logging size taken? what is the max logging size for TACACS+ events?

Thanks, Tommy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

This is the ISE support community, so I will answer the questions specific to ISE.

SNS-3515 has 600GB drive space (not 750GB), of which 60% is allocated to RADIUS and T+ logging in ISE 2.2+ with an additional 20% overhead for purging.  Effective storage and guidance on days retention are included in ISE Install Guide.

For additional info, see

ISE Device Administration (TACACS+)

ACS to ISE Migration

Also see Reference version of presentation for BRKSEC-3699 from this year on ciscolive.com.  It contains information on general packet sizes and counts for different T+ operations.

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

This is the ISE support community, so I will answer the questions specific to ISE.

SNS-3515 has 600GB drive space (not 750GB), of which 60% is allocated to RADIUS and T+ logging in ISE 2.2+ with an additional 20% overhead for purging.  Effective storage and guidance on days retention are included in ISE Install Guide.

For additional info, see

ISE Device Administration (TACACS+)

ACS to ISE Migration

Also see Reference version of presentation for BRKSEC-3699 from this year on ciscolive.com.  It contains information on general packet sizes and counts for different T+ operations.

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: