Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from ACS 4.2 SE to ACS 4.2 Windows Server

p3pp3bcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I've to migrate from ACS SE 4.2 to Cisco Secure ACS for Windows Server 4.2 (ACS for Windows).

Have I to buy any kind of additional license?

Is there any technical documentation to support ti migration?

Thank you in advance,

Giuseppe

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to migrate ACS appliance on ACS windows, all you need to have software installed on windows 2003 or 2008.

Since the config database will be same so restoration of database shouldn't be an issue.

You don't need any license / serial number / key while installing it. However, you should have a valid contract with cisco.

Take configuration backup from ACS appliance > install same version on windows server > restore the database taken from ACS appliance.

Installing ACS for the First Time

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/installation/guide/windows/install.html#wp1102674

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Hello Jatin,

I have to install new ACS software but we have the contract with cisco about two ACS appliance. Can you confirm  that we have no need to migrate our license ?? Can I downloaded the software and install it without any key ?? ...

Thanks in advance

BR

Maximo Onorati

You can only download evaluation version fo ACS 4.2 windows from cisco.com. In case you need the full version of ACS for production, you need to open a TAC case because only TAC can publish you the full release after validating your contract with internal service relation team. You don't need any license of key to install ACS windows software.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

I hope that answered your question. Let us know if you have any further query.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin