cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration Tool stucks at Access policies with 0% import finished

stayd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, do you have any clue what error message "java.lang.NullPointerException" means ?

I tried to import configuration from ACS 5.6 to ISE 3.0 without patch, ISE 3.0 with patch 4, ISE 2.7 without patch with the same result.

The migration process is finished, but with 0% Progress bar, there is 0 in Success column instead of 1

Look at pictures.

migration of access policies is actualy not done 3.0 i 2.7 public.jpg

INFO Finished importing Access policies Batch
INFO Finished importing Policy Groups procedure
ERROR  java.lang.NullPointerException
ERROR NetworkAccess-AcsMigration-Import-1 Request string is: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<PolicyStubNE xmlns:ns2="http://xmp.cisco.com/wap/schemas/ui">

If I look at the result in ISE GUI itself I can see migrated "ACS Access Policies" in "ISE Policy Sets",

On other hand in import report file I can see nothing about Access Policices.

==========================Object Group==============================
Object Group: Access policies

================= Execution Time Summary ===============

I am not sure how to go further with this, if it is a bug and I should open the case or it is something in ACS configuration, but export and gap analysis said everything is ok and successful.

Java problem or ACS Access Policies problem ? Any clue ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you have only access policy group, I would suggest creating it manually in ISE.

If you would like to pursue further, best to engage Cisco TAC and provide a copy of your ACS backup. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you have only access policy group, I would suggest creating it manually in ISE.

If you would like to pursue further, best to engage Cisco TAC and provide a copy of your ACS backup. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: