Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed dot1x timeout command in global config

mcastellonperez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I'm trying to configure the dot1x timeout  in the global config , I have been verified the command reference guide for 15.2 IOS in 2960X switches and is possible to configure globally but when I try to configure the command dot1x timeout tx-period X  is missed :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_2_e/security/command_reference/b_sec_1522e_2960-x_cr/b_sec_152ex_2960-x_cr_chapter_010.html 

dot1x timeout

To configure the value for retry timeouts, use the dot1x timeout command in global configuration or interface configuration mode. To return to the default value for retry timeouts, use the no form of this command.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_2_e/security/command_reference/b_sec_1522e_2960-x_cr/b_sec_152ex_2960-x_cr_chapter_010.html

dot1x timeout
To configure the value for retry timeouts, use the dot1x timeout command in global configuration or interface configuration mode. To return to the default value for retry timeouts, use the no form of this command.

HOSTNAME(config)#dot1x ?
auth-fail Set 802.1x Fail Authentication parameter
credentials Configure 802.1X credentials profiles
critical Set 802.1x Critical Authentication parameters
guest-vlan Configure Guest Vlan and 802.1x Supplicant behavior
logging Set logging parameters
supplicant 802.1X supplicant configuration
system-auth-control Enable or Disable SysAuthControl
test Configure dot1x test related parameters

The switch version is the next :

WS-C2960X-48LPD-L

Version 15.2(2)E5

Someone have the same problem ? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Miguel

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The mention of "in global configuration" is a mistake.

dot1x timeout indicates its command mode is only interface configuration, as below:

Command Modes

Interface configuration