Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitroing and Reporting Database Purging

Paul Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is the right place.

We are running Cisco ACS version 5.1.0.44.6....and are having issues with the Monitoring and Reporting Database Purge/Backup.

Every morning on the dashboard screen I get the following messages.

[Critical Alarm]  System Alarm [Incremental Backup]  Fri May 06 11:55:04 BST 2011  On-demand Full Backup failed     New
[Critical Alarm]  System Alarm [Database Purging]  Fri May 06 04:00:06 BST 2011  Backup failed before Database Purge     New
[Critical Alarm]  System Alarm [Incremental Backup]  Fri May 06 04:00:03 BST 2011  Full Database Purge Backup failed     New
[Warning Alarm]  System Alarm [Database Purging]  Fri May 06 04:00:01 BST 2011  ACS View Application exceeded its maximum allowed disk size.     New
[Information Alarm]  System Alarm [Database Purging]  Fri May 06 04:00:01 BST 2011  DB Size is close to 95% of 120.0GB     New
[Critical Alarm]  ACS - System Errors  Fri May 06 00:52:00 BST 2011  Alarm caused by ACS - System Errors threshold     New
[Critical Alarm]  ACS - System Errors  Fri May 06 00:50:00 BST 2011  Alarm caused by ACS - System Errors threshold     New
[Critical Alarm]  System Alarm [Database Purging]  Thu May 05 04:00:06 BST 2011  Backup failed before Database Purge     New
[Critical Alarm]  System Alarm [Incremental Backup]  Thu May 05 04:00:03 BST 2011  Full Database Purge Backup failed     New
[Warning Alarm]  System Alarm [Database Purging]  Thu May 05 04:00:01 BST 2011  ACS View Application exceeded its maximum allowed disk size.     New
[Information Alarm]  System Alarm [Database Purging]  Thu May 05 04:00:01 BST 2011  DB Size is close to 95% of 120.0GB     New
[Critical Alarm]  System Alarm [Incremental Backup]  Thu May 05 03:00:01 BST 2011  Incremental Backup Failed     New

I have tried running an immediate backup (Monitoring Configuration>System Operations>Data Management>Removal and Backup> Backup now

But it fails every time.

We do have a large amount of data foing through the box (approximately 15000 device using 802.1x auths) - so there is a lot going into the reporting database, but the size is affecting the performance of the rest of the system.

How can I purge the database back down to a usable size?

3 Replies 3

michael.wade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

I see this was opened 2 years ago and no one ever responded to you. I'm having the same exact issue right now, with the same build on ACS 5.1. I've got a TAC case open and I understand TAC wants us to upgrade to 5.4 or better but I need a fix right now  as it'll take a little time to stand up 5.4.

Did you ever get this resolved? and can you offer any detail for a fix? Thanks

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Paul,

FYI,

The Monitoring and Report Viewer component of ACS collects log and configuration data from various ACS servers in your deployment, aggregates it, and provides interactive reports that help you analyze the data. The Monitoring and Report Viewer provides you integrated monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting capabilities to efficiently manage your network and troubleshoot network-related problems.

For troubleshooting the above said issue, please go through the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4-2/trouble/guide/ACSTrbG42.pdf

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Purge endpoints of specific group after x amount of time.

Symptom:

ISE - Ability to purge endpoints profiled to specific group after X amount of time.

Conditions:

To manage endpoint Database before it hits the maximum limit.

Workaround:

Admin has to manually delete endpoints not in use.

for more information please go through the link below

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCua70707/?reffering_site=dumpcr