Helpful
Replies

multiple instance of custom attributes ACS 5.x

ffischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is there a way to have multiple instances of user custom attributes and

insert those as multiple instances of the A/V Pair in the authorisation profile in ACS 5.2/5.3 ?

Background:

We have to migrate a ACS 4.2 to 5.3.

In ACS 4.2 our client used the multiline attribute

Number

Name

Description

Type of Value

Inbound/Outbound

Multiple

Framed-Route

Routing  information to configure for the user on this AAA client. The RADIUS  RFC (Request for Comments) format (net/bits [router [metric]]) and the  old style dotted mask (net mask [router [metric]]) are supported. If the  router field is omitted or zero (0), the peer IP address is used.  Metrics are ignored.

String

Outbound

Yes

to specify multiple routes to various networks in the RADIUS reply spcific for every single PPP username of routers dialing in.

Using the internal user database, extended by a string attribute and using that attribute as source of a dynamic value

in the access-policy works basically.

But as I have only ONE single line instance of the attribute for every user, I can only return ONE framed-route.

We have lots of cases where multiple routes have to be assigned to one router.

I 'd like to avoid defining a seperate access profile for every remote RAS router for external PPP Dial-In...

I Think Jack here https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2032506 has a simmilar issue...

Any idea?

Thanks, Frank

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I had to do this once and I created several custom attributes

-Route1   (String)

-Route2 (String)

-Route3 (String)

etc ...

And in the authorization profile you return all those custom attributes as Framed-route. I was actually sending up to 10 Framed-Routes contained in 10 different attributes.