Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Intune MDMs

AMNassiri0210
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there ISE experts,

Hope you are all well and happy new year.

Need your help with a query from a client in integrating two Microsoft Intune instances with ISE. It is a acquirement scenario, company A acquired company B. ISE is setup in a distributed solution, 8 appliances with version 2.6 patch 2.

Microsoft has advised they cannot merge the tenancy for the two entities within Azure for some reason... 

Looking at some of the previous posts, I gathered it is possible/not possible to have multiple MDMs active at the same time. . 

I reached out to our SE who advised it can be done manually exporting client MAC addresses from the 2nd instance into ISE, or allocate a separate WLAN for the 2nd instance, the 1st instance can use existing BYOD WLAN.

A third option discussed internally was to have a dedicated PSN? I have no clue how that would work.

I just wanted to check the complexities with these options, if anyone has done it before?

Or if you have any other way of achieving this..please advise at the earliest. 

Really appreciate your input.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, an ISE deployment may have more than one active MDMs, since ISE 1.4. CSCuu45273 is a noticeable enhancement added in ISE 1.4 Patch 2.Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 3.00.40 PM.png

Thanks for your time and providing the reference.

Will both servers be active at the same time and clients on the same SSID? 

I came across the following excerpts: 

You can create one or more Mobile Device Management (MDM) definitions for external MDM servers. Although you can configure multiple MDM server definitions, you can activate only one MDM server with which Cisco ISE interoperates at a time.

Could you please forward any literature around this if you have? Client is awaiting our advise and want some reference from Cisco. 

Thanks again. 

Please supply the source of that piece of wrong info so we may ask our doc team to correct it.

ISE 1.4 is the first release ISE is supporting multiple active MDM instances. See New Features in Cisco ISE, Release 1.4 > MDM