cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My devices portal does not show self registered devices

alex.dersch
Level 4
Level 4

hello, I have some issues with the my devices portal in a ISE 2.2 deployment. when I log in to the Sponsored Guest Portal with an Active Directory account I get the button for Guest access only, in the next screen I have the option to register. When I click the register device button I get internet only access, which is good by the way.

my problem is, the device does not show up in the my devices portal.

i tried to change the identity store from Guest to registered device and other settings, no luck so far.

Any idea what might be the reason for not seeing the device or can anybody explain, what criteria must be met in order to see a device in the my devices portal?

thanks

alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guest registered devices don't show up in my devices, these are for byod flow

If you want to register employee devices separate from guests without doing supplicant and certificate provisioning then look at this

Check out the option titled Guest & byod device registration only

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64018?mobileredirect=true#jive_content_id_Configuration

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to register employee devices separate from guests without doing supplicant and certificate provisioning then look at this

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64018?mobileredirect=true#jive_content_id_Configuration

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Jason,

thanks for your email,In the "Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 2.2" document under Personal Device Portals i read this.

My Devices Portals—Enable employees to add and register personal devices, including those that do

not support native supplicant provisioning, and then manage them.

I thought, when i can manage something I should be able to see it.

It seems I understood it wrong.

By the way, nice document the "Guest Enhancements"

Cheers

Alex

My Devices manages devices that go through BYOD flow or are manually registered you don’t need to do provisioning as stated

So either manually register going direct to the My Devices portal or send the client through the flow in my guide to auto register

Thanks for complement!

thanks i covered in my original response