cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Agent and NSP provisioning with ISE 1.1.1

geniesis
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get all workstations (OSX and Windows) to install both the Native Supplicant Wizard and NAC Agent during the On-boarding process.

I am currently using the default guest portal in ISE.

The environment has been setup using a Dual SSID design.

At the moment, devices can connect to the provisioning SSID and get CWA. Device registration works, the portal runs the NSP setup which correctly sets up the network adapter.

The problem is the portal never attempts to install the NAC Agent.

The client provisioning policy has a separate policies for wireless/wired as well as OS. Each policy applies both a NSP and NAC Agent configuration. It appears the guest portal only checks the NSP configuration and not the NAC Agent config.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just so i understand this correctly you are using both a client provisioning portal and a native supplicant provisoning portal tied into seperate authz policies.

With that out of the way are you checking to see if the client is compliant in the client provisioning portal policy.

Let me know if you have the following configured (example windows OS), this is assuming that the endpoint is statically assigned to RegisteredDevices after native suppliant provisioning.

Rule 0 (endpoint group = RegisteredDevice) AND (AD:Domain user and authentication method:x509 and posturestatus:COMPLIANT) = Permit Access

Rule 1 (endpoint group = RegisteredDevice) AND (AD:domain user AND authentication method:x509[if you deployed certs in the native supp condition] AND workstation NOT EQUAL:COMPLIANT) RESULT client provisioning portal.

Rule 2 (endpoint group = Workstation) AND (AD:Domain User AND authentication mehod using mschapv2) RESULT windows provisioning portal

Hope that helps,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just so i understand this correctly you are using both a client provisioning portal and a native supplicant provisoning portal tied into seperate authz policies.

With that out of the way are you checking to see if the client is compliant in the client provisioning portal policy.

Let me know if you have the following configured (example windows OS), this is assuming that the endpoint is statically assigned to RegisteredDevices after native suppliant provisioning.

Rule 0 (endpoint group = RegisteredDevice) AND (AD:Domain user and authentication method:x509 and posturestatus:COMPLIANT) = Permit Access

Rule 1 (endpoint group = RegisteredDevice) AND (AD:domain user AND authentication method:x509[if you deployed certs in the native supp condition] AND workstation NOT EQUAL:COMPLIANT) RESULT client provisioning portal.

Rule 2 (endpoint group = Workstation) AND (AD:Domain User AND authentication mehod using mschapv2) RESULT windows provisioning portal

Hope that helps,

Tarik Admani

No, I am currently using a single portal.

From your response, it appears that I will need to use two portals and have the user go through the provisioning process twice, once for the NSP and another for the NAC agent.

I was hoping that both NSP and the Agent could be deployed in a single process.

That is correct, and it does make more sense to do it your way but I am sure that the action=nsp and action=cpp in the authorization profile is the key indicator as to how the client is provisioned.

thanks,

Tarik Admani

Thanks.

I've tried implementing it using the two stage setup as you proposed. It works well, the NSP is deployed first, then the user reconnects and gets redirected to install the Agent.

The issue is now with iPADs which don't support the NAC Agent. Because Rule0 doesn't match as the iPAD has an Unknown compliance.

In the ISE "Posture General Settings" section I have set the default posture status to compliant. But this doesn't appear to do anything.

iPADs/mobile devices need to be registered, but don't require the NAC agent.

Thanks.

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Add a built in condition which states endpoint:posturecapable not equals NO to your agent based policies. Or above rule 0 place a rule that has the condition that has the condition of endpoint:posturecapable equals no then permit access in addition to the other conditions that confirm a provisioned client

All works well.

Combination of your first post and "Posture Applicable" allowed the iDevices to connect without needing to go through Agent provisioning.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: