Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC and Windows 8 SSO

daniel.lucas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I know the Windows 8 is very recent, but in our environment we have contract with MS and we received the Windows 8 to test the new features.

But, one issue is with Cisco NAC (Version.: 4.8.1.5), the SSO doesn´t work. Sometime the SSO works fine, but must offen doesn´t work.

You know something about to solve this issue? Can you help me to try change the registry to solve this issue?

How i catch the log to view some errors?

Regards to all,

Thanks so much,

Daniel Lucas.

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Daniel,

We can try to rule out a few of the issues by using dns to check the current domain controllers that are retrieved by the client. You can then cross reference this list to see if all the domain controllers are added in the CAS that the client is connected to and the proper ports are opened in the unauthenticated role.

Please rule out this configuration and then we can look and see if you can get kerbtray installed on this machine to see if retrieves the kerberos ticket for the CAS service account. If that is intermittent there maybe issues in the communication to your kdc environment.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hello Tarik,

Thansk for the reply, but in my AD environment everything is ok, because the cisco NAC works fine in all other computers that using Windows 7, only in Windows 8 doesn´t work.

About the AD, we have the ADRAP, and all the tests are ok.

With the Cisco NAC, any other change or view any log to find the issues?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Daniel Lucas.

If it works intermittently, then that is all i can think of at the moment. You can open a TAC case to see what support you can get (since it is not supported) because the agent logs are decrypted, we can not see what is in the logs in order to figure out what the error code is.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

mflender72
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has released an update. http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282910502&softwareid=282573326&release=4.9.3&rellifecycle=

If you are not able to install the update this will work for Windows 8 but does not work for Windows 8.1 for some reason.

If using the Cisco Clean Access Agent with Windows 8 and you receive an error message stating something to the effect of “User Agent doesn’t support this operating system” then follow these steps.

In the System Tray at the bottom right find the Clean Access Agent and right click and choose quit.

Right click the Cisco Clean Access Agent shortcut on the desktop and choose “Open File Location”

Right click nacagentui and choose properties. Click Compatibility. Click “Run This Program in Compatibility Mode” and choose Windows 7 from the drop down menu, Click Apply. Click Close.

Double click The Cisco Clean Access Agent shortcut on the desktop and login. It should now work without the error.