Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Problem - NAC Agent keeps poping up asking for authentication

Telindus Espana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have a Clean Access solution deployed in L3, In-Band. Virtual Gateway mode. Clients are working with Cisco NAC Agent

Everything seems to work fine. The agent pops up, the user is correctly authenticated, but after that the agent keeps poping up for authentication again.

Looking at the CAM, the user is correctly authenticated (they can access the access network devices with no problem), but the agent keeps asking for authentication.

I would appreciate any suggestion om that.

Thank you

Regards,

Omar.-

3 Replies 3

Federico Ziliotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Oscar,

As some first checks, I'd verify the following:

1. Managed subnets are correctly added: a managed subnet should be an IP in the trusted vlan and linked to the untrusted vlan.
2. Static routes are configured for the CAS, pointing to the end user's subnet out of the untrusted interface eth1.

If these few checks did not show any improvements, you may consider opening a TAC case for some more advanced investigations:

http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do

Regards,

Fede

--
If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hi Fede,

I have already check those points, and they are correct. The behaviour is still the same.

Thank you anyways.

Regards,

Omar.-

Hi all,

The problem has been solved.

On the version of code we are running (post 4.5) managed vlans are no longer needed for remote L3 users. They are replaced by static routes.

Thank you

Regards,

Omar.-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: