cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAD RADIUS password does not support special characters - ISE 2.1

gvoden4prez
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded from ISE 1.4 to 2.1 and I am getting this error when using my usual NAD RADIUS password for my switches:

You have entered text that appears to contain unsupported tags or markup language. Remove those characters and try again.

This is in my lab, however its a major show stopper as I have over 300 switches in my PROD environment which is on ISE 1.4. Upgrading to 2.1 means I have to change the RADIUS password on all of them and have potential impact.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The issue is with the single quote character and CSV imports working fine for me as a workaround.

This is a known bug -- CSCuz19346    Shared secret with ' character on ISE 2.0 fails.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please provide a sample shared secrete that triggers this issue and the list of special characters you normally used for this purpose. Are you seeing the same with CSV import?

The shared secret begins with {'

What is interesting is that I have over 100 switches pre-configured before the 2.1 upgrade and they imported fine with a special character shared secret. I haven't tested the CSV import on 2.1 yet.

The issue is with the single quote character and CSV imports working fine for me as a workaround.

This is a known bug -- CSCuz19346    Shared secret with ' character on ISE 2.0 fails.

Ok thanks so much for the info, as I mentioned above the bug still exists in version 2.1.

Will be using the CSV import until fixed.