cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need ISE version to Rest admin login

mcmontantez
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to find a way to get the software version for ISE that is installed so I can download the correct ISO file to reset the admin login. We can't long to the Web UI or CLI.  Tried  <https://<ISEhost>/admin/API/mnt/Version> but it prompts for credentials.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some suggestions that may help you. 

If you have another node in the deployment you are able to access, they would be on the matching version.

If it's a physical box, you can see the version via CDP neighbor details on the upstream switch.

And I also just gave this a try, I reset the password on my 2.4 lab VM with the 2.6 ISO, and my 2.2 node with the 2.7 ISO. While I never tried it before this, it appears quite flexible, the base functionality of the password reset may match between versions.

Last but not least, TAC has an ADE recovery disk that can boot the server in to a linux shell and either reset the password manually, or run a cat command to pull the version.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have command level access ?

show application version ise

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some suggestions that may help you. 

If you have another node in the deployment you are able to access, they would be on the matching version.

If it's a physical box, you can see the version via CDP neighbor details on the upstream switch.

And I also just gave this a try, I reset the password on my 2.4 lab VM with the 2.6 ISO, and my 2.2 node with the 2.7 ISO. While I never tried it before this, it appears quite flexible, the base functionality of the password reset may match between versions.

Last but not least, TAC has an ADE recovery disk that can boot the server in to a linux shell and either reset the password manually, or run a cat command to pull the version.

Yes the CDP Neighbor details did the trick. Thanks you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: