cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Devices "No data available" error

comm_support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have ISE 2.7 setup connected to 5 nexus switches, can ping to the switches, AAA authentication works fine (can login via the AD accounts), but under "Home" - "Summary / Endpoints" - "Network Devices", nothing is being shown there. 

How can I get the switches data to be displayed at the "Network Devices" dashlets ? Is there any else which I need configure ?

Attached are some screenshots which shown my devices (TACACS / SNMP v3 already configured)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

So your Logs work?

I have not paid any attention to these donut  charts because I find them quite pointless to be honest. Half the time they’re so crammed that they’re illegible.  I’d rather go looking in the Operations Reports for some summary data, albeit, in tabular form. I find it more readable. 

It might be that you need to patch that node (seems unpatched?) 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

So your Logs work?

I have not paid any attention to these donut  charts because I find them quite pointless to be honest. Half the time they’re so crammed that they’re illegible.  I’d rather go looking in the Operations Reports for some summary data, albeit, in tabular form. I find it more readable. 

It might be that you need to patch that node (seems unpatched?) 

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect the 'Network Devices' dashlet you're talking about will not provide the information you are looking for related to Device Admin AAA. As this dashlet is under the 'Endpoints' section, it will likely only provide information on the specific network devices (switches, WLCs, etc) that are sending RADIUS requests to ISE on behalf of the endpoints trying to authenticate. This information would be collected from the records in the endpoint database, so there would be no linkage to AAA information related to Device Admin.

For logs related to Device Admin, you will likely need to rely on either the built-in Reports under the 'Device Administration' section as per the ISE Admin Guide or create your own dashlets/reports based on syslog information collected by an external syslog/SIEM system like Splunk.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: