cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New endpoints not being profiled when PAN is down

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are running ISE 2.1 and when PAN goes down or is in a failover stage new endpoints could not be profiled.

The same has been mentioned here Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 2.1 - Set Up Cisco ISE in a Distributed Environment [Cisco …

As far as I remember in  ISE 1.4 profiling worked when PAN went down.

Any particular reason this behavior changed in 2.1 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The documentation was updated for ISE 2.0 following a more extensive review of different scenarios.  Expectation is that the behavior is equal or better in new versions.  I worked with the doc team to deliver this info and some of the results were impacted due to a defect that should now be resolved:

CSCuw51376DHCP Attributes Not acknowledged after PSN Ownership Change

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No changes since 1.4 regarding the profiling and PAN being unavailable. Profiling new endpoint requires writable access to the database, which requires active primary PAN being available. This has been the case for all versions of ISE.

Hosuk,

The documentation suggests otherwise.  You might want to put in a change request for the documentation if that is the case.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-4/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_14/b_ise_admin_guide_14_chapter_011.html#ID57

The PDF file shows the same:

Profiling.PNG

The documentation was updated for ISE 2.0 following a more extensive review of different scenarios.  Expectation is that the behavior is equal or better in new versions.  I worked with the doc team to deliver this info and some of the results were impacted due to a defect that should now be resolved:

CSCuw51376DHCP Attributes Not acknowledged after PSN Ownership Change