Views
Helpful
Replies

Node group and use cases

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,
I see that the nodes can be grouped together to form a node groups, but I am really not sure as off what real world use cases will need to use node groups?
The documentation does not offer much of a explanation of its usage apart from that nodes can form a node groups.
Could you share some real world use cases as off why would a company need to setup node groups?
Or if there have been cases where node group was a mandated from the beginning?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Node Groups are mainly used to reduce Profiling and data replication due to ownership changes for large distributed clusters. See the Cisco Live presentation on Designing ISE for Scale & High Availability - BRKSEC-3699 for more info.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this  thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-node-groups/td-p/3514849

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

This thread has the same para from the documentation that I had been referencing to and apart from that are there any other use cases that compel or are atleast recommended for configuring the node groups?

Adding an additional thread relating to node groups that bit me with an outage: https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/psn-node-failure-resulting-in-immediate-vpn-termination/td-p/4141048

HTH!

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Node Groups are mainly used to reduce Profiling and data replication due to ownership changes for large distributed clusters. See the Cisco Live presentation on Designing ISE for Scale & High Availability - BRKSEC-3699 for more info.