Views
Helpful
Replies

Okta Radius Attributes

RonD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello team,

Have a use case where enterprise is moving from AD to Okta UD and is currently using ISE. From my understanding Okta Radius supports generic Radius attributes but we would like to have a full suite of attributes so that we can continue to show the outstanding value of ISE in the Okta environment.

With this in mind, is there any document that I can research to give a complete integration between ISE and Okta Radius attributes? What works/what doesn't.

Can the Okta API work with ISE?

Thank you,

Ron D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a use case where enterprise is moving from AD to Okta UD and is currently using ISE. From my understanding Okta Radius supports generic Radius attributes but we would like to have a full suite of attributes so that we can continue to show the outstanding value of ISE in the Okta environment.

JAK > I am assuming you mean ISE can point to Okta as a RADIUS proxy server? Have you asked Okta how this would work?

With this in mind, is there any document that I can research to give a complete integration between ISE and Okta Radius attributes? What works/what doesn't.

JAK > no there isn't, we have some OKTA examples under cs.co/ise-guest but i don't think there is anything else out there, you can try a google search (that usually works well)

JAK> not sure how you mean work? ISE has an API and Okta has an API. there is no way for ISE to call OKTA via API, this would be all through a middle ware box 

Thank you,

Ron D

I also forwarded to our SME to see if they can add anything to this

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

JAK > I am assuming you mean ISE can point to Okta as a RADIUS proxy server? Have you asked Okta how this would work?

JAK > no there isn't, we have some OKTA examples under cs.co/ise-guest but i don't think there is anything else out there, you can try a google search (that usually works well)

JAK> not sure how you mean work? ISE has an API and Okta has an API. there is no way for ISE to call OKTA via API, this would be all through a middle ware box 

Thank you,

Ron D

I also forwarded to our SME to see if they can add anything to this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: