cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

policy assignment in Cisco ISE

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

After importing endpoints using template in Cisco ISE, is one supposed to do "Policy Assignment" and "Identity Group Assignment" manually?.I don't see an option to specify "Policy Assignment" and "Identity Group Assignment" while doing the import using template...

4 Replies 4

How can one import endpoint mac addresses with automatic "Identity Group Assignment"? If you can not import identity group assignment automatically what's the point to import endpoint mac addresses if they have to be edited manually one by one?

Hello kashish,

I went through your query and found a following link which would help you in solving your query:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_man_identities.html

I have went through that manual before. It does explain how to import endpoints with automatic "Profiling Policy Assigned", but it doesn't mention even one word how to do the same with automatic assignment of:

"Profiling Policy Assigned" and "Identity Group Assignment" at the same time. Without that option possible, importing is useful as much as manual input, or in other words it is totally useless because, you have to assign "Group Identity" to each endpoint manually anyway.

Extra columns of  "Policy Assignment" and "Identity Group Assignment"  are available in ISE releases 1.1.3, 1.1.4...we are planning upgrade soon.