Views
Helpful
Replies

policy-set internal user in MAB

athan1234
Level 3
Level 3

I am checking on ISE the  polycy-set on MAB

I try to understand the profiling. I want to classify all of them endpoints unknown. I am watching videos , and all of them having an internal endpoint in MAB.

It is correct to have internal user in MAB? Does that make sense?

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@athan1234 the "Internal User" and "Internal Endpoints" are different databases, so the Policy Set would check to see if the user or endpoint existed in the specified database.

All endpoints are by default added to the Endpoints database when they are profiled by ISE. If you manually create a local ISE user this account is stored in the "Internal Users" database.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

@athan1234 when a device is profiled, the endpoint is added to the ISE Internal Endpoints datastore, not internal users.

Hi @Rob Ingram  thanks for your reply and clarification.

So regarding policy-set : what is the difference  when you put internal user or endpoint ?. 

@athan1234 the "Internal User" and "Internal Endpoints" are different databases, so the Policy Set would check to see if the user or endpoint existed in the specified database.

All endpoints are by default added to the Endpoints database when they are profiled by ISE. If you manually create a local ISE user this account is stored in the "Internal Users" database.

So Thanks @Rob Ingram  I understand  .

Hi

@Rob Ingram  sorry one question more

why do I can not  see endpoints ? only I am able to see user

@athan1234 those MAC addresses in your screenshot are endpoints not users.

hi @Rob Ingram  Sorry I chose other pic  please check now identitis endpoint.png

@athan1234 you won't have any users until you specifically configure internal users.