Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible impact of password policy change on active accounts

RickR0ersma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know what impact a change to the password policies in ISE has on currently active accounts which possibly don't measure up to the new policies.

Will this kill any activity due to password errors, or will these accounts just stay active/ functioning, and only when changing the password later on, be confronted with new demands for length and complexity for their password?

Thanks!

Rick Roersma

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rick,

If you change the policy, the users already logged in does not get impacted. However new users will.

Any change you can to these things, test this first and try out in a limited basis to see the impact and expand your user set.

You should know the user experience and its impact as well.  These are my recommendations.

Best of luck.

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rick,

If you change the policy, the users already logged in does not get impacted. However new users will.

Any change you can to these things, test this first and try out in a limited basis to see the impact and expand your user set.

You should know the user experience and its impact as well.  These are my recommendations.

Best of luck.

Thanks

Krishnan

Thanks!

No impact on currently existing/ logged in users is a good start.

I'll have to look into testing and trying on a limited basis, because i thought the two password policy screens will set options for all users/ admins, not for limited sets of users/ admins.

But thanks for now, i'll let you know what i find.

Rick