Views
Helpful
Replies

Problema con Backup del cisco ISE

leonart64
Level 1
Level 1

Buenas tardes,

Solicito un apoyo al respecto, tengo un cisco ISE el cual fue instalado en el 2018 con una version 2.3, lo actualizamos cada año hasta dejarlo en cierta version que no admitía las licencias, decidimos volver a la version 2.7 donde era la ultima que admitia las licencias que teniamos.

Todos los sabados se realizaba un backup desde la version 2.3 este backup estaba encriptado con una contraseña la cual empezaba por #. resulta que cuando intento restaurar el backup, no me acepta la contraseña esto es porque el criterio de contraseña para las versionas indica que la contraseña no puede empezar por #. 

De hecho intento hacer un backup nuevo encriptado y me dice que no puedo colocarlar # iniciando la contraseña, pero en la version 2.3 me la dejo colocar, pero cuando instalo la 2.3 e intento recuperar el backup este tampoco funciona.

1 Reply 1

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From Google Translate:
---

I request support in this regard, I have a Cisco ISE which was installed in 2018 with version 2.3, we updated it every year until it left it on a certain version that did not support the licenses, we decided to return to version 2.7 where it was the last one that supported the licenses. licenses we had.

Every Saturday a backup was made since version 2.3, this backup was encrypted with a password which began with #. It turns out that when I try to restore the backup, it does not accept the password. This is because the password criteria for the versions indicates that the password cannot begin with #.

In fact, I try to make a new encrypted backup and it tells me that I cannot set it # starting with the password, but in version 2.3 it allows me to set it, but when I install 2.3 and try to recover the backup it doesn't work either.

---

My guess is that either there was a bug that permitted the use of the hash (#) character in the backup password but it never actually worked, or support for the hash had to be removed.

ISE 2.3 has been end of support since June 2020, so you might have no option but to reinstall and manually re-create your policy. I would suggest opening a TAC case to determine if there is anything additional they can do to help.