cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with installation of ISE 3.x on 2019 Hyper-V

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1

Having issue with installing ISE 3.x on 2019 Hyper-V server.  I get an error that the processor is not large enough.  Even though I have twice the size required.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1

How can you tell which is which?  Thanks you have been very helpful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

What version of ISE?  3.0?  3.1? 3.2? Also the installer is reporting the speed of the processor is too slow.  What speed in ghz is your CPU in your host?

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1

The version is 3.1.x and the processor is at 3.2GHZ but it is a windows 2022 box.  I just found that out today.  we had a 2019 but the sysadmin upgraded.  

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-1/compatibility_doc/b_ise_sdt_31.html

Lists Microsoft Hyper-V on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and later.  If your CPU/memory reservations are up to spec, I would say TAC would be your next step.

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1

I have the document on the specs for the Hyper-V installation.  I also have verified that Hyper-V will work on most Windows systems.  I am trying to open a TAC case, but I cannot get into the ISE CLI, since it will not load.

Is this a Gen2 Hyper-V VM?  There is a known issue on 3.1 with Gen2 VMs.  Cisco TAC has a hot patch or you can redeploy on a Gen1 VM.

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1

How can you tell which is which?  Thanks you have been very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: