Views
Helpful
Replies

Profiler Offline Manual Update - Policies Not Updating

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello,

How long does it take for an ISE deployment to update the Profiler POLICIES after the Offline Manual Update has been applied?  

I have an air-gapped ISE 3.0 deployment and I wanted to update the deployment with MAC OUI and Policies, but in two separate steps to keep an eye on the deltas/changes that result.

First, I created the MAC OUI Package and applied it- it updated a lot of MAC OUIs. Success.

A week later I generated the Full Package (MAC OUI and Policies) - applied - a few OUI's updated, but none of the Policies were updated. From what I can tell, and ISE 3.0 system should have 678 Cisco Provided policies. My air-gapped system only has 512 - so it's in dire need of an update.

I can't see any CPU load on any nodes since applying the update. I have applied this to a pre-production lab which has hardly any endpoints or activity.

Just curious how long this takes in general? Do I need to restart services on the PAN?

regards

Arne

2 Replies 2

For me, it usually check after an hour and things should be good. But you
can give it a try to restart PAN.

After 24 hours there has been no change to the Profiling Policies. I checked the Reports > Audit > Operations Audit Reports as well as the Profiler Policies.

Stopping PAN processes and rebooting didn't fix it either. I will open a TAC case.

I have never had issues with the automatic profiler feed updates from tools.cisco.com - perhaps there is an issue with the offline bundle that's generated. I noticed that the file size of the bundle that only contains MAC OUI is larger than the full bundle (containing MAC OUI and Policies). Since these files are PGP encrypted we can't look inside