cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pxGrid AccountCreate not working

JustinLute
Level 1
Level 1

I have a newly-installed Cisco ISE 2.4 server. I have enabled pxGrid on the node.

I am able to hit the AccountCreate API, and a new username/password is returned in the response. However, the new account never appears in the UI so that I can approve it. If I attempt the AccountActivate step, I get a 401 Unauthorized response.

I have executed the AccountCreate function at least ten times over two days. I have rebooted the ISE server. Nothing fixes this.

What might I be missing? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Justin,

You will need to create the account first (AccountCreate), and then activate the account (AccountActivate).

You can go to https://d1nmyq4gcgsfi5.cloudfront.net/fileMedia/ea02ce59-2668-441a-601d-0c6ca59d8bf4/CiscopxGrid20_je.pdf which is the pxGrid 2.0 How-to guide, and have examples using POSTMAN as the REST Client.  You may need to register first www.cisco.com/go/pxgridpartner.com   

Also check to make sure you that you have the ISE pxGrid node in a connected state. " if you go to Administration->pxGrid Services you should see connected in the lower left hand corner.

If you are still experiencing problems, email me directly.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Justin,

You will need to create the account first (AccountCreate), and then activate the account (AccountActivate).

You can go to https://d1nmyq4gcgsfi5.cloudfront.net/fileMedia/ea02ce59-2668-441a-601d-0c6ca59d8bf4/CiscopxGrid20_je.pdf which is the pxGrid 2.0 How-to guide, and have examples using POSTMAN as the REST Client.  You may need to register first www.cisco.com/go/pxgridpartner.com   

Also check to make sure you that you have the ISE pxGrid node in a connected state. " if you go to Administration->pxGrid Services you should see connected in the lower left hand corner.

If you are still experiencing problems, email me directly.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

Thank you for the direct assist via email, John.

I discovered that my problem was very simple. The AccountCreate action was working. I was expecting to see the account appear in the GUI after this stage. However, the account only shows up in the GUI after one has executed the AccountCreate and then the AccountActivate action.