Views
Helpful
Replies

pxGrid Username with 802.1x+PassiveID

vibobrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

If we're using machine certificate for 802.1x authentication and PassiveID for user identity, which username will be advertised via pxGrid via the Session topic, the TLS computer account or the PassiveID username from AD logs?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This has not been tested by our teams. Please discuss it with our product management team.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This has not been tested by our teams. Please discuss it with our product management team.

Apologies for re-opening an Answered question, but has there been any further testing on this?  I have a customer looking to use this exact scenario: AuthC with Machine certificate, looking to get user information into Stealthwatch via PassiveID.

Please advise.  Thank you,

Brian

Hi Brian,

i have currently exactly same issue. I have tried so many different formats for computer name used on 802.1X session, but no success.  It seems that we need such username format for computer, that FMC find this computer via LDAP lookup.

Regards,

Laco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: