cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Soti MobiControl

ketigges
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a customer testing MobiControl with ISE.  Integration is up and functioning, however the attribute for "MDM Compliant" that ISE can query does not necessarily mean that the device is compliant.  It appears to only look at registration and jail broken status.  Within Mobi, the customer is able to move endpoints to different "folders" depending on application status and compliance (i.e. Missing firewall, AV etc.)

Does anybody know if there is a way to query Mobi to see what folder a device is in?  I would assume this may not be possible as we have specific library attributes for MDM and if the vendor does not populate those correctly, then not much we can do, but didn't know if there was something I was missing or if anybody knew of or had experience with MobiControl.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would recommend reaching out to the vendor and ask them why they are doing it this way

Thanks.  Already did, they were not all the helpful and pushed back on us.  Just looking to see if anybody else had any other experiences.  I've personally not seen Soti deployed much.

Thanks Again

OK thank you Cindy comes down to experience other customers or partner has with the vendor

As you have already determined ISE has really no control of that. We simply rely on the attributes that are sent back from them. Maybe the customer would like to valuate Meraki Or another vendor to see if that works better for them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: