cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius and Tacacs+ running simuntaneously ?

wpcnetworks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Secure ACS 5.3.40 running TACACS+ and I need it to also run 802.1x Radius to meet DISA requirements, I been working on this for a week. I am unable to get the features to work, all of the AD connections are already  there for TACACS+ and so I am unsure how to config, Radius can anyone help with the procedures.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

in the aaa configuration you have to specifiy both 802.1x authentication which points to radius and for the device administration to tacacs.

On ACS network device configuration apply both radius and tacacs keys.

there will be no conflicts for the same as both have different sets of commands.

Thanks,

Please rate if helpful..

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

in the aaa configuration you have to specifiy both 802.1x authentication which points to radius and for the device administration to tacacs.

On ACS network device configuration apply both radius and tacacs keys.

there will be no conflicts for the same as both have different sets of commands.

Thanks,

Please rate if helpful..

wpcnetworks
Level 1
Level 1

Nitesh,

I am implementing DOTX on a Secure ACS 5.3 that supports 2 separate network that I have created to LDAP instances. So far so good! both connect to the LDAP servers, I can authenticate via TACACS+ and Radius, but the MAC authentication that I require is not functioning, can you assist with this? do you have any step by step documentation that can walk me through this and on the network devices. I would appreciate any help.

Cheers!