Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius server test options

czekon1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone have a experience in testing radius server availability? I what way the switch can test radius server availability and what action it will take after detecting server is dead? Setup is done with ISE 1.4. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

For how switch communicate with radius and how you configure the switch for dead timers, I will redirect you on Cisco documentation that's very simple and complete as well.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/identity-based-networking-services/whitepaper_C11-731907.html

All parameters to mark a server as Dead and how long it will be considered as dead are tweak-able. Setting dynamically some servers as dead if no answers could result in a better radius performance answer.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

For how switch communicate with radius and how you configure the switch for dead timers, I will redirect you on Cisco documentation that's very simple and complete as well.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/identity-based-networking-services/whitepaper_C11-731907.html

All parameters to mark a server as Dead and how long it will be considered as dead are tweak-able. Setting dynamically some servers as dead if no answers could result in a better radius performance answer.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi,

Thanks for quick replay. Document provided by you is very useful. 

Thanks a lot.

You're very welcome 

Thanks
Francesco