Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Admin Certificate Renewal: Impact

@Jason Kunst, I've just realized that you're a co-author of HowTo series for Cisco ISE released back in 2015. A big thanks to you and Craig Hyps, you guys made my life easier by releasing TrustSec v2.1 HowTo guides (also known as Secure Access HowTo). I've just asked Craig if there are plans to refresh these guides at any point to reflect the latest developments with WLC/IOS-XE codes and release of Cisco ISE v2.x?

In particular, could you please point me in the right direction as to 'How Called Station ID needs to be configured for appropriate authentication and accounting of Guest users in CWA and LWA using Internal portal' Some guides say it has to be System MAC address, others say it has to be AP MAC address:SSID... is there a detailed guide about all possible options and practical usage?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Moving to a new thread as it wasn't applicable to the thread you replied to . please explain in detail what you would like to do and update the title

paul
Level 10
Level 10

The default is AP MAC:SSID which for all my wireless policies I leverage the SSID in the string as the admission criteria for my policy sets.  AP MAC is next to useless so I usually have the customer change it to AP Name:SSID that way if they want to right location specific rules they can do that.  i.e. When user is at location A the SSID behaves in this fashion and when user is at Location B the SSID behaves in a different fashion.