cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rebuilding ISE 3.1 on AWS

thester
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for good resources for ISE on AWS. Specifically, I was wondering if there's a guide on how to rebuild an ISE cluster in the case of catastrophic failure of the whole cluster, or just in case a single node becomes unusable somehow. From my search so far, I have found how to build an ISE server from scratch in AWS, but I was just trying to find any caveats when we're dealing with an existing cluster in AWS as opposed to a brand new cluster. We currently run ISE 3.1 in AWS with a 10-node cluster, so we want to document as much as we can for a quick recovery, whenever needed.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the event of a catastrophic failure/loss/corruption of the entire cluster, the only option would be to rebuild the cluster and restore the Configuration and Operational Data from prior backups. ISE does not support any cloud-native snapshot or backup solutions, so you should be performing regularly scheduled backups to a supported repository (FTP, SFTP, NFS, etc) using the built-in functionality.

See the Admin Guide for more information on Backup and Restore features.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  1. Deregister ISE node from deployment
  2. Delete AWS ISE instance
  3. Create AWS ISE instance
  4. Register node to deployment

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the event of a catastrophic failure/loss/corruption of the entire cluster, the only option would be to rebuild the cluster and restore the Configuration and Operational Data from prior backups. ISE does not support any cloud-native snapshot or backup solutions, so you should be performing regularly scheduled backups to a supported repository (FTP, SFTP, NFS, etc) using the built-in functionality.

See the Admin Guide for more information on Backup and Restore features.