Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended concurrent Mnt session API call to ISE deployment

Nikhil Jadhav
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Guys,
I have a scenario where we are using an external tool to get the session info for endpoint authenticated through ISE infrastructure. For the same, we are executing below API call 
now if we execute this API sequentially for each endpoint it takes more time. So I would like to know any Cisco recommendation / field experience on how many concurrent API calls are recommended for mid to large size production ISE deployment?.

Hope to know this as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Regards,
Nikhil
4 Replies 4

It depends on the size of your node. Different nodes have different
capacities.

I suggest you check ISE sizing sheet based on your ISE version.

Hey Mohammed,
Thank you for replying.
Actually MnT Session API only works for MnT node , We have 3595 as MnT node. ISE sizing does not talk about API calls. Can you please helps us to locate the info in sizing guide.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Nikhil Jadhav
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again ISE Experts,

Following up on same topic I came across this link. As per this link, ISE 2.4 supports 10 concurrent ERS connection whereas 2.6 support 30 concurrent ERS connections. Also ISE supports 1000 max REST API EPS for Passive ID. I am looking to get max TPS number supported for  below REST API call . Can you please help me.

If I get to know different between  ERS API and Rest API then I can gauge some number as per the information provided.

Curiously waiting for reply.

Thank you,

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No scale recommendation in using MnT session API. If you have to use it and if you have a standby MnT, best to make the requests against the standby MnT.

If you need all the session info, it would likely be better served by pxGrid session topic.