cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended HA latency for ISE between countries

AndrewWai
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning an intercontinental High Availability (HA) setup with the primary ISM VM located in Singapore and the secondary in Mexico, covering both Asia and Western regions. In this context, I would appreciate your guidance on the following points:

1. Recommended Latency: What is the recommended latency for HA operations between these two regions?
  2. Pros and Cons: Could you detail the potential advantages and challenges of this HA configuration?
  3. Best Practices: Are there specific best practices or tips that should be considered when implementing this setup?
  4. Issue Anticipation: What unexpected issues might arise from such a configuration, and how can we proactively address them?

Thank you for your assistance in ensuring a robust and efficient setup.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref :  https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/us/docs/2020/pdf/DGTL-BRKSEC-3432-reference.pdf
                      And or start reading from What if Distributed PSNs > 300ms RTT Latency? 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref :  https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/us/docs/2020/pdf/DGTL-BRKSEC-3432-reference.pdf
                      And or start reading from What if Distributed PSNs > 300ms RTT Latency? 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

300ms between the ISE nodes.  How stable is the WAN, potential for split brain?  Is this a small two node deployment?  I would consider three node deployment at the minimum.  

1x PAN, 1x MnT, 2x PSN (Dot1x & TACACS) for primary and same as secondary