Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict sponsors from creating guest accounts

jordyjoossens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

we have setup a guest portal with sponsor approval.

Now, we want to create 2 user groups which each contains a set of users.

The one group should be able to do everything on the sponsor portal. (Create accounts, approve accounts, edit accounts, etc.)

And the other group should only be able to approve incomming requests.

The full-access group is working fine.

But when I am editing the "Only approve" group, I must enter a Guest Type to continue.

When I do this, this gives those users access to creating an user of that type.

Is there any possibility to have a group that would only be allowed to accept incomming requests but not create new users?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no setting to allow or deny account creation

How many users are you wanting this to happen for? Maybe there’s a way to JavaScript and hide the create accounts option for certain user(s) or group (if visible to the page)

I would suggest also reaching out to the ISE product marketing team with details through your sales channel

If you’re up for some complexity to make this happen You might come up with a workaround such as this, would have to be tested but it’s a theory

2 sponsor portals

Create a sponsor portal with the pages/options for creation hidden with JavaScript

Point ISE to itself and only allow those groups that are denied access to create accounts

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64526?mobileredirect=true

Create Another normal sponsor portal but only allowing those with full access to login using same method

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

ognyan.totev
Level 5
Level 5

You can do check this

This is for own accounts i think you can create other groups and play with this option.

Hi Ognyan,

thanks for your responds.

That is already active. The issue is with the setting a bit above the screenshot.

There I have to define a user type that the group can create.

I don't want the option to create a guest account in the sponsor portal.

You speak about this ???

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no setting to allow or deny account creation

How many users are you wanting this to happen for? Maybe there’s a way to JavaScript and hide the create accounts option for certain user(s) or group (if visible to the page)

I would suggest also reaching out to the ISE product marketing team with details through your sales channel

If you’re up for some complexity to make this happen You might come up with a workaround such as this, would have to be tested but it’s a theory

2 sponsor portals

Create a sponsor portal with the pages/options for creation hidden with JavaScript

Point ISE to itself and only allow those groups that are denied access to create accounts

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64526?mobileredirect=true

Create Another normal sponsor portal but only allowing those with full access to login using same method

It maybe possible to do the javascript way, keep in mind the list of users would be visible in the view web page source.

We would populate a list of users in javascript, when they login they would be blocked the ability to see the create accounts page.

Are you interested in this? If so I will check with dev to see how long it may take and if we can dedicate the resources to that. They would need to manage the list via javascript on ISE portal page customization

Otherwise customer could develop their own portals via API (lot more work but more secure)

Hi Jason,

thanks for your feedback.

This should get us what we needed, thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Jordy

Hi Jordy,

Could you please try these scripts?

1) For "Login" page:

<script>

$("[type='submit']").on('click', function(){

var user = $('[id="user.username"]').val();

localStorage.setItem('user', user);

});

</script>

You should to follow by these steps:

1. Open you portal

2. Click on "Portal page customization"

3. Choose "Login page"

4. Find "Optional content 2" field and click on "Toggle to HTML"

5. Insert script and click on "Toggle to HTML" to close this field.

2) For "Sponsor portal settings" page:

<script>

setTimeout(function(){

var currentUser = localStorage.getItem('user');

var userList = ['username1', 'username2', 'username3', 'username4']

var hide = function() {

setTimeout(function(){

$('.ui-grid-c li:nth-child(1)').hide();

$('.ui-grid-c li:nth-child(2)').hide();

$('.ui-grid-c li:nth-child(4)').hide();

}, 500);

};

var verifiction = function() {

for (i=0; i<=userList.length; i++) {

if(currentUser == userList[i]) {

return true;

}

};

};

if(!verifiction()) {

hide();

$('.ui-grid-c li:nth-child(3) a').click();

}

}, 2000);

</script>

You should to follow by these steps:

1. Open you portal

2. Click on "Portal page customization"

3. Choose "Sponsor portal settings page"

4. Find "Optional content 2" field and click on "Toggle to HTML"

5. Insert script and click on "Toggle to HTML" to close this field.

2000 - this is a delay, you can increase/decrease it, depends on your server speed.

userList - list of your usernames. It should contains only data for user's, who has full access.

Thanks.

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for your feedback.

I can't find "Optional Content 2" under the Sponsor Portal Settings page.

I'm running version 2.2.0.470.

There is only one box stating "Instructional Text"

I've tried to enter the script in there, but no luck.

Thanks

Yea, you are right.

You should to use Instructional text field for that script.

Hi Serhii,

it worked with 5000 delay on the demo server and with 2000 at the live server.

Thanks a lot for the script!

Kind regards,

Jordy

Please keep in mind if someone is running developer tools they can manipulate this scripting as its loaded client side. This is the only option without having a server side feature. You would need to reach out through sales channel to our guest PM ameet kulkarni for that

Do you mean, script is doesn't work?

Could you please increase delay to 5000?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: