run PSN and PXGRID on the same node

vivarock12
Level 1
Level 1

i have and ISE 3.2 deployment with:
2 administration nodes

2 Monitoring nodes

6 PSN

Is it posible in this case to enable the pxgrid persona on the PSN?

because where going to integrate a DNA Center to the ISE, and the DNA Center is going to be on the of the PSN location.

the vm resources at the moment are

PSN = 16CPUv/32RAM/600 HDD

am thinking to upgrade the the PSN that is going to have that pxgrid to conection to:

24CPUv/32RAM/600 HDD or 40CPUv/96RAM/600 HDD 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can enable the pxGrid persona on the PSNs. All of the scale/performance information is available at https://cs.co/ise-scale.

There is no platform that supports 124 threads/vCPUs, so I assume this is meant to be 24 vCPUs. The vCPU/Memory combination defines what platform ISE identifies as (3715 vs. 3755, in this case), so you would base your performance/scale on those platforms.

View solution in original post

There is no blanket recommendation to upgrade from a 3615 to a 3755 simply because you are running both PSN and PXG personas on the node. The need to upgrade the specs depends entirely on the load required on that node.

That decision should be based on how many concurrent RADIUS sessions the PSN is handling and how many endpoint sessions pxGrid would need to track. If you're unsure, you could enable the feature and monitor the performance on the node first.

If you find you need to upgrade to a higher performance platform, you can shut down the VM and upgrade the resources.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can enable the pxGrid persona on the PSNs. All of the scale/performance information is available at https://cs.co/ise-scale.

There is no platform that supports 124 threads/vCPUs, so I assume this is meant to be 24 vCPUs. The vCPU/Memory combination defines what platform ISE identifies as (3715 vs. 3755, in this case), so you would base your performance/scale on those platforms.

vivarock12
Level 1
Level 1

@Greg Gibbs thanks for the help yes i just change the124 it was a missclick.

Just a question on the scale part its recommended to put on that vm 3755 resources because its going to run thoose 2 personas(PSN and PXGRID)

There is no blanket recommendation to upgrade from a 3615 to a 3755 simply because you are running both PSN and PXG personas on the node. The need to upgrade the specs depends entirely on the load required on that node.

That decision should be based on how many concurrent RADIUS sessions the PSN is handling and how many endpoint sessions pxGrid would need to track. If you're unsure, you could enable the feature and monitor the performance on the node first.

If you find you need to upgrade to a higher performance platform, you can shut down the VM and upgrade the resources.