Views
Helpful
Replies

Self-registered notification only manually

rene_braun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I do have a question about tshooting the issue that we are running ISE 2.4 with self-registered guest access.

Guests can successfully create their account, log is showing "awaiting initial login", but the mail with the credentials are only send if I click on send in the guest account management page.

Correct portal is used and checkbox for email notification is set.

Smtp server is also set, including "send messages from default address".

Could you please help me out and give me some hints were to look at?

Best regards

Rene

6 Replies 6

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rene,

In your Guest Portal, check the settings in Portal Page Customization under the Pages > Registration Form and Self-Registration Success sections.

Examples:

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.48.03 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.49.09 am.png

Cheers,

Greg

Hello Greg

Many thanks for you answer. First checkbox is set in the first picture. But the second in second picture not.

Do I understand it right, that this is the important field once guest account is created, by a guest, that it sends the email notification on behalf of the guest?

Best regards and many thanks in advance

Rene

Hi Rene,

To be honest, I haven't worked with self-registration in more recent versions of ISE and I do not have an SMTP server available to test this myself.

I would suggest testing again with the latter option ticked to see if it resolves the issue.

Another common issue is that firewall or SMTP rules are not configured to allow direct SMTP comms from the PSNs themselves. Depending on how the email is generated (automatically via the registration flow or manually via the Sponsor Portal), the SMTP could come from either the PAN or PSNs.

I would suggest ensuring that the PSNs can communicate directly with the SMTP server and open a TAC case if this still is not working correctly. They may need to look at some of the debugs to investigate further.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

thank you, will check it tomorrow in the office and let you know what happened.

Best regards

Rene

Hi Greg

It didn't work, I will go ahead with tshoot the smtp and fw connectivity. Will let you know what was going wrong.

Best regards
Rene

Hi Greg,

we've got owned by the server team, TLS 1.2 is now enabled on a corp-wide base for securing emails. Seems like we have some change request and upgrade fun next time.

Many thanks for you support.

Best regards

Rene