cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

self-registration and facebook account expiration

Qingguo Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are using self-registration with facebook login integration.  facebook account will have 5 days lifetime with self-registration account  daily basis. 

After facebook account expiration and before account purging  , facebook account could not login.  purging can only be scheduled at fixed time daily. 

The similar question for self-registration account , if the username is same after account expiration before purging ,  user may not login.

is there any resolution for above case and correct me if I am wrong. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Facebook flow should reinstate the guest account when you go through the flow.

What ise and patch version are you running? Make sure if 2.3 latest patch. Otherwise open a tac case as this is not proper behavior to lock the user out

For self-registration you’re correct this is the correct behavior. If you have users running into this would suggest the guest accounts be set for a longer period so they don’t expire while they are using them and then need to reinstate same username. Otherwise sponsor portal could fix them.

You could also set your guest purge to 1 day so they could use again when they come back if needed

This could be enhanced. I would suggest reaching out to ise product management through sales channel or using ise feedback
Mechanism in the ise ui

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Facebook flow should reinstate the guest account when you go through the flow.

What ise and patch version are you running? Make sure if 2.3 latest patch. Otherwise open a tac case as this is not proper behavior to lock the user out

For self-registration you’re correct this is the correct behavior. If you have users running into this would suggest the guest accounts be set for a longer period so they don’t expire while they are using them and then need to reinstate same username. Otherwise sponsor portal could fix them.

You could also set your guest purge to 1 day so they could use again when they come back if needed

This could be enhanced. I would suggest reaching out to ise product management through sales channel or using ise feedback
Mechanism in the ise ui

Thanks Jason for your answer. 

Does it mean facebook account will change from expired to available once user to go through guest flow ?

We are running ISE 2.4P4 ,  does it include the feature ?

You’re correct the account should work after goes back through Facebook flow. If it doesn’t then it’s a defect

Ise 2.4 patch 4 should be fine